One of the oldest titles among the major eSports, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) enjoys broad popularity by any measure, whether it be live attendance, prize pools, online viewership, or online play.
The role of CS:GO in the eSports betting ecosystem
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive arguably plays the most significant role of any eSports title in the eSports betting ecosystem.
- Skin betting: Skins from CS:GO are the dominant force in the skin betting market, whether it be for match betting, jackpot, roulette, or other skin betting sites.
- eSportsbook: CS:GO is easily one of the largest eSports titles in terms of total betting activity via sportsbooks (including both traditional sportsbooks and eSportsbooks).
- Fantasy eSports:
CSGO Betting Sites Odds
FlipSid3 Tactics VS. Optic Gaming
Historical fixtures across selection of bookmakers
Official team sites
Counter Strike: Global Offensive – CS:GO – is an online First Person Shooter (FPS) game created by Hidden Path Entertainment and Valve Software which pits two teams against each other – Terrorists vs Counter Terrorists.
- The game includes many objective based multiplayer game modes, for example Bomb Scenario – a game mode where Terrorists plant a C4 bomb at bombsites on the map, if it explodes the Terrorists win, if not the Counter Terrorists win.
- Players have a period of time to purchase weapons and equipment by spending money they earn throughout the rounds in a game, positive actions such as kills, assists and completing objectives rewards players with more money and negative actions such as killing teammates and hostages punishes players with less money.
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive works on a round system in its games. Each game consists of two halves of 15 rounds with the possibility of over time.
- Winning the series usually means eliminating every player on the opposing teams, but each game mode has a different objective, allowing for a different route to victory.